Dylan Kate Wagner, one day old at the hospital

Monday, February 7, 2011

5 Years Later

(Conor writing) Slightly over five years ago, on February 5th, 2006, the Steelers played in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks. The Steelers won. After the game that night, I asked Marisa on our first date (I actually texted her and make no apologies for that). Our date took place the next morning at 7 am at the Cajun Kitchen in Goleta. Interesting choice you say? My thought was that I wanted to make the date simple and to see if I could enjoy something "real life" like having breakfast with her. Plus by making the date the next day at 7 am I didn't have to wait that long to see her. Needless to say, the date went well and we got engaged later that day. Ok, not later that day, but a couple of weeks later. Fast forward 5 years, the Steelers played in the Super Bowl. The Packers won. This morning we went back to the Cajun Kitchen in Goleta to celebrate our 5 year dating anniversary, but had a table for 3. If I could have seen 5 years ago what I saw this morning, I would have proposed much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment